Mommy's Quote of the day

We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them
ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's
Day. ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year !

Happy New Year, I’m almost tired of saying it and it’s only the 2nd. I love that it is a new year, and that it is going to be a Fantastic one, but enough already. Between the texts and Facebook posts, I have reached my quota. I had the great privilege of sending my 6 year old off to school this morning, thank you Jesus! I think if I had to endure another argument over toys or TV. Shows I think I might go mad!!! Mad I say!



It was a fantastic holiday and now it is fantastic that it is over. There is only so much Chaos one human being can take, even if it is somewhat organized. Now I have to remove all of the evidence of said Holiday season. Yes, I still have my tree shining in all of its glory! Well at least we haven’t turned the lights on since Christmas day (He, He, And He). My husband threatened to take it down last night. He is always trying to do my job, BACK OFF BUDDY! He would do it all wrong anyway. (But we won’t tell him that) If I did he might quit cleaning my kitchen after I cook! On second thought no he won’t. (Gotta love OCD) He is a cleaning fool and I LOVE him soo much! I do wish he would slow down. Wait, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, putting up Christmas décor. Sorry A.D.D., gotta hate it! As I was saying, the control freak couldn’t take it if I got the decorations out next year and they were packed incorrectly. So gotta do some Pre Damage control (that is damage control before there is damage) but you knew that already. Any whoo, I have a to-do list a mile long. I am posting some pics of my prosperity New Year meal. I got my greens recipe from my neighbor and it is a true soul food recipe. My old recipe for greens was sooo Sad and no one told me. BOOO Hoooo, that means I was crying, well not really. (Maybe inside, a little) This is my first year of really making an effort to make the yams, cornbread, greens and hoppin John. So, you will have to let me know what ya think! It was a delicious meal and hopefully it will bring a prosperous year!

So go out and make a dream come true. If you want to learn to cook killer greens, go learn. If it’s starting a new money making adventure, make it happen. You can do anything you set your mind to. So let’s go out and make a Great year!!!

*** I will be posting some helper info on the helper pages so look out for it, and enjoy!!!


                                                                
                                                                    Hoppin John


                                                                   Collard Greens

No comments:

Post a Comment